Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pictures, Pong, and People

     After only five days of being here in Berlin, I have come to realize that this city is nothing short of amazing in the party arena. Not to say that I have encountered any Great Gatsby gatherings as of yet, but I definitely get a good, young vibe from the environment here. One particular unique characteristic of this city is a small, casual bar called Dr. Pong's.

Here, drinking and epic multi-player ping pong matches at the bar's sole ping pong table are not only allowed, but encouraged. What I found interesting was the talent of some of the players as they played ping-pong successfully while either drinking a beer or rolling a cigarette. I, of course, never made it very far in the tournament. Game, set, match.

Despite my sub-par ping pong abilities, I did have a few successes these past few days. Very few feelings compare to that awesome feeling of accomplishment, and I was lucky enough to have that feeling today; I found my subject for our photojournalism project!

He is a young, talented musician in a local band. He also served as my translator while speaking to other band members. He showed me the acoustic guitar and the base guitar and even performed a few numbers. If only I could find even one musical gene in my body...


No comments:

Post a Comment